Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I don't wanna!!!!!!!!!!

So I wasn't going to write everyday but I figured this is a daily challenge and boy oh boy was today a challenge!!! So I have been trying to go to the gym everyday except Wed. because it is way too busy with church and it's hard to squeeze it in. So I usually go when I leave work and so today was no different but as I walked to the car my thighs were saying "Please please please don't go!!!!" Really that is what it sounded like!!! And I was about to give in, I really was. My thighs were winning and then my shortness of breath started in saying "You can't breath don't go, your having a hard time just walking what's going to happen when you get to the gym!!" Really that's what my lungs were saying!!! So I got in the car and sat there for a few minutes. Debating with my thighs and lungs I sat there and reached for the phone. My arms hurt just reaching for it!! Oh great now my arms are chiming in!!!! How can I not listen my whole body is saying "I don't WANNA!!!!" Sooo  I keep reaching for the phone and I dial my best friend Chantal and I said "I don't wanna go to the gym!!" and she said "GO you know you need to and you'll feel better for it!!" So we talked for alittle while longer and she said " Call me when you finish" I was like oh great she will know if I didn't go. Well honestly as great and as supportive as she was it wasn't enough. I was driving  and almost turned on the road to home because it is on the way to the gym. My thoughts were going a mile a minute about how to justify not going. So then I called my really good friend (kind of a sister) Alison and she didn't answer her phone so I thought I'll leave her a message but since she didn't answer to encourage me to go I am in the clear. I told her in the message that I was really sore and just didn't want to go. But as I was leaving her the message I passed the turn to the road to my house and kept going. I drove into the gym parking lot and it was packed!! I hate going when it's so busy so I figured this again was a sign. I had to park the furtherest away which meant I had to walk up hill to get to the gym. I really shouldn't go!! Well Guess what.........? I got out walked up the hill and went in an worked out, and just as I got on the elliptical I got a text from Alison that said "You can do it!! If you are exercising right now ... keep going... think of Dolvett... think of growing older... think of Xavier's babies.. you want to be there and be a hot Grammy!! Keep it up"  I not a very sentimental person((most of the time) and words affect me but not usually as much as Chantal's and Alison's words did. I really didn't think I was going to make it thru the work out and I had said I would just do a slow 20 minutes but after the encouragement from Chantal and Alison I did 30 minutes and I was hurting and short of breath and sweaty and hot and really hungry but I did it. I can't tell you how much, when you are doing somehing like this journey, it means to have people who support you and want what you want for yourself. I may not have Dolvett at the gym yelling at me to keep going but I do have wonderful people in my life who know that this time is important. Don't get me wrong I would love to have Dolvett hollering at me but there is something to be said about people not hollering at you but pushing you along!! Thanks girls and I hope if you need me in the same respect I'll be there for you or anyone else who needs it. Dolvett if you read this(HAHA) come on and whoop me into shape!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment