Monday, January 9, 2012

This sucks!!!!

So it is day 3 of no soda at all. I have some Arnold Palmer tea's that don't have aspartame or caffeine and they are pretty good. Its a powder so I can make a pitcher of it. Well that's not the part that sucks. I have been so grateful that my friend Chantal found this awesome website with a ton of recipes that are easy and they don't require a ton of weird things that cost alot of money they are pretty easy to do too so I haven't felt so deprived like I have in the past. Again that's not the part that sucks but the part that sucks is that I am so tired since I stopped drinking soda. It's not a total rundown feeling but a feeling of not getting enough sleep. I haven't had a good night's sleep in 2 weeks. Yes some is because of my annoying neighbors but some is because I go to bed tired and lay there and when I do fall asleep I have really weird dreams. They say you are supposed to get at least 8 hours of sleep to help weight loss. I am maybe getting 5 since I started. I keep telling myself it will go away but I feel like what's the sense if I feel the way I do.
 I never want to work out but when I am tired I REALLY don't want to. So last night I had about 5 hours of sleep and when I got to the gym I didn't go as fast as I usually do but I pushed thru and even added weights like I promised myself I was going to and I think that is the key to me doing this THIS time. I have promised myself these things.... I am going to stop drinking soda... DONE so far... I am going to the gym as many days a week as I can.... DONE so far.... I am going to add weights this week and I did and  I just need to keep it up. I think this time seems different to me because I feel like if I can accomplish things. I don't know why. When I went to a weight control group I always said I wish I could flip that switch  that it seems people seem to have. Like all of a sudden they just start dropping weight and are so motivated. I am motivated but not like I keep thinking I should be. I just want to stay on this and not get discouraged. I don't like Weight Watchers because I lost my motivation. I would get mad and so much more and I don't know why. If I could figure that out I might stay motivated.
 I can't tell you how much I feel supported!! My church family, my friends and the people I work with all so ready to encourage. I hope through that I can continue and this will be a blog that ends someday with me saying I have reached my goal weight!! SO PLEASE keep encouraging me and checking on me and if you know Dolvett tell him I need him to come work out with me!!!! I would even let him yell at me. Oh yeah I was working out and I kept thinking about how if I was truly on the Biggest Loser I would have been the one laying on the ground crying!!! LOL. Also if you are around and wanna work out with me I would love that!!! Oh yeah and bring Dolvett or Tim Tebow either will do!!!!Then I would really work out!!!!

4 comments:

  1. ooh, ooh, I can help with this! I just read a great blog post about motivation and the missing ingredient in goals - focusing on why it's important and what's at stake. Write out the internal things (whether publicly here or just have a list in private) that made you want to get started in the first place. Focus on those rather than the frustrations & hard parts.
    http://michaelhyatt.com/the-missing-ingredient-in-most-goals.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something that might help with the sleeping issues without creating other issues is Quietude (by Boiron). It's homeopathic and works well for me when I'm just not sleepy. I only use it once in a while, but when I do it works great, and unlike other things (like Benedryl) I never get that "Oh, I have to take that before bed or I won't be able to sleep" feeling. I get it at Whole Foods here. Here's a link if you're interested: http://www.boironusa.com/products/quietude.php

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep pushing - you are doing a great job with your blog - love the colors. The more you can let loose of your frustrations, the better you will feel!

    P.S remind me to come back to VT and kick some neighbor butt!

    ReplyDelete