Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I realized....

Today I was talking to one of the guys at work about this whole thing and I had the realization as I was talking to him about what a bad influence I am. I realized that the reason I am the way I am is because I just chose to eat but the reason my son has become overweight is because I led him to it. I was very conscientious when he was little but he also didn't eat much then, to watch what he ate but then as he started getting older and his palette changed I kind of fed into what was easier. It was easy to get fries and nuggets or hot dogs and chips and as long as he ate It was great but I guess I didn't pick up on how much I was giving him. As he gets older he is able to decide what he wants and he can make alot of things to and it just seems easy. I realized today also as we were talking that this time I don't want to do this for me and my vanity and that I want to wear cute little clothes I want to do this because I am an example to my son and I am not being a very good one so now is the time to change for both of us. It made me happy today to hear him ask how much is a serving size of something. My mom is working on being the biggest loser too and I know she is on board but it saddens me that the people(person) I thought would be helpful are the ones sabotaging Xavier. This is something that needs to be done and I realized it more than ever today that I have to make it happen to show Xavier that it can happen and that we will be better off for it. I am so thankful God saw fit to give Xavier to me and I want to do what is right and good for my son. I gave him to God as a baby and I realize that I want to see what God is going to do with him and I want to be able to enjoy my future and his. I am praying this is something I can really carry through. I dont' want to give up as easy as it would be. I need to do this for my health and my son's future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment